At Smart Builders, our goal is to help Pleasant Hill home owners achieve a comfortable, healthy and energy efficient living environment. We are a specialty building performance contractor. Your house works as a system, just like your body. We will perform a comprehensive check-up of your house, then recommend the most cost effective improvements. We call this our 'home assessment,' which is more than just an 'energy audit.'
We have found that typical homes in the Pleasant Hill area are drafty, have leaky air ducts, and have inadequate insulation. We can fix these, as well as install high efficiency water heaters and HVAC equipment; whichever items make the most sense for your particular house. That's the 'Smart' approach.
Smart Builders is a participating contractor in Energy Upgrade California. This is a program that provides big rebates to home owners who invest in energy efficiency upgrades in Pleasant Hill and across the state. We have already helped dozens of home owners leverage these rebate dollars to achieve much greater comfort at a very affordable cost. See what others are saying about Smart Builders on our testimonials page.
Services we provide:
- Building performance assessments (energy audits) to determine cost-effective improvements
- Insulation including: Spray foam; loose fill fiberglass and cellulose; dense pack cellulose
- Duct repair and replacement
- High efficiency water heater installation
- High efficiency furnaces and air conditioners
- Weatherization (stopping drafts)
- Efficient lighting advice and installation (see our Lighting Tips page)
- Window replacement
- Combustion appliance safety testing
- PG&E rebate processing